The school’s curriculum is effective in promoting student’s learning.
It actively supports students’ opportunities to learn and is responsive to their immediate and future needs. Students benefit from a curriculum increasingly focused on meeting their needs, interests and abilities. This can be seen through:
- Increased opportunities for senior students to explore vocational pathways
- Useful collaborations with local businesses and tertiary providers
- Level 1 NCEA adapted courses and increased use of distance learning
- Extensive use of local learning contexts including local history, businesses, galleries and gardens
- High levels of achievement in literacy and numeracy in NCEA enabling students to achieve certificates in Level 1, 2 and 3.