The school’s curriculum is effective in promoting student’s learning. It actively supports students’ opportunities to learn and is responsive to their immediate and future needs. Students benefit from a curriculum increasingly focused on meeting their needs, interests and abilities. This can be seen through:
- increased opportunities for senior students to explore vocational pathways
- useful collaborations with local businesses and tertiary providers
- Level 1 NCEA adapted courses and increased use of distance learning
- extensive use of local learning contexts including local history, businesses, galleries and gardens
- high levels of achievement in literacy and numeracy in NCEA enabling students to achieve certificates in Level 1, 2 and 3.
The school is making very effective use of connections that are educationally powerful. These include useful links with the Pacific community, teacher networks with other schools and transition processes with contributing schools.
For more information on the qualifications offered at our school, click the button below.