Positive Behaviour for Learning
Our Mission Statement:
“PB4L will enable effective, school-wide teaching and learning to occur in a mutually respectful environment”
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) is a consistent, school wide system of support which aims to promote appropriate behaviour in a positive manner. It aims to minimise problem behaviour and maximise and celebrate positive social and academic behaviours. It has:
- a clear set of positive expectations for all students and staff
- procedures for teaching expected behaviours
- a continuum of procedures for encouraging expected behaviours
- a continuum of procedures for discouraging inappropriate behaviours.
We want our learners to be Respectful, Responsible and Resilient at all times in all settings whether they are in the classroom, the grounds, the sports field or the wider community.
- When we are respectful we care and show consideration for ourselves, others and our school environment.
- When we are responsible we make the best decision possible and take ownership of our actions.
- When we are resilient we are prepared to persevere, to keep trying and to explore all solutions.
Learn the Waitaki Way – Ako i te āhuataka o Waitaki
|Expectations||Key points||All Settings||In the Classroom|
|Care and consideration for self, others, and the school environment||
|Make the best decision possible and take ownership of your actions||
Kia Kaha i kā katoa
|Be prepared to persevere and explore solutions||